Our Speed Typing Test rates speed in words per minute (WPM) and accuracy. Already shipped with over a dozen tests, the user may create tests specific to their environment. Tests are word-wrap enabled and support user defined fonts. Test results are saved and may be viewed/printed at any time. Teachers will find this very useful for administering and scoring typing exams. HR professionals and recruiters will find it useful for testing job applicant typing skills. Individuals may assess and practice their typing skills. The program is highly customizable. Try it out for yourself by downloading our 30 day fully functional evaluation version.
Typing Test Features:
- Words Per Minute (WPM) and accuracy measured
- Typing test results saved in file for future printing or browsing
- Includes over a dozen typing speed tests and the user may create new tests at any time
- 2 modes, practice or test
- Network enabled
- Very easy to use. Less than 5 minutes learning curve.
- User defined fonts for test text
- Word-wrap enabled
- No paper to key from, 100% PC based
- Highly customizable
- The program is cost effective, only $23.00 (USD) per workstation
Who would use this typing test?
- Individuals who wish to practice and improve their typing skills
- Companies or employment agencies who wish to test candidates' typing skills during the recruitment process
- Educators - who teach typing will find this a valuable tool for exam grading.
- Windows 2000 or higher
- 2.5 MB free disk space
Screenshot:Click here to see a screenshot of the main screen
Try or buy:
The program is free to try out for 30 days. Just click the link below to download it. Once downloaded to your computer, just run sttest.exe to install it. Click here to download the Speed Typing Test 2000 - version 3.7, fully functional evaluation copy (1.05 MB)
The purchase price is $23 for each computer you wish to use
the program on. If you've tried out the evaluation version and wish to
it, click the link below. Shortly after your order is processed, you'll
receive via e-mail, a registration code which will make the evaluation
version full version.
Buy on-line via secure server at SWREG.
Payment options include credit card or Paypal.
If you require a site license, please visit our order page for details.
Mrs. Barbara Blackburn of Salem, Oregon can maintain 150 words per minute (wpm) for 50 minutes (37,500 key strokes) and attain a speed
of 170 wpm using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard (DSK) system.
The average workplace typist reaches about 50 to 60 words per minute. The average web surfer comes in at around 30 words per minute, at a peak.
If you have any questions or comments about our typing test please contact us